At the end of introducing the participants of the Final Four of the Alpe Adria Cup powered by GGMT, we naturally left the home team BC GGMT Vienna. For the second year in a row, the Austrian team also managed to advance among the top 4 teams of the competition. Will the host team repeat what the Levice team managed in 2022 – to win the whole competition in front of their fans?
Aramis Naglič, head coach of BC GGMT Vienna:
– We are facing the Final Four of the Alpe Adria Cup. What does it mean to you that you made it to this event at all?
“Reaching the Final Four of the Alpe Adria Cup was a goal for us this season. We are among the top four for the second year in a row, so it’s an achievement for us. We want to take one step more. The Alpe Adria Cup is the first floor in European basketball. I think it is a good promotion for our club and Austrian basketball.”
– How do you evaluate your performance in this competition so far?
“In the group stage we won the group, we only lost twice. Of course, it wasn’t easy to play two competitions, but I think we did it successfully. It was a goal for us to get here, to the Final Four of the Alpe Adria Cup.”
– How is the team in terms of health and preparedness for this event?
“Health-wise, we are absolutely fine. The team is in good shape now, even the new players have got used to it. Were in a good mood going into the Final Four.”
– The Final Four system is uncompromising, 1 game, 1 chance. How will you prepare for this specific match?
“It’s challenging. First of all, with these games, good scouting and a game plan with different options is important. A high level of concentration is important, readiness to adapt very quickly to the situation on the floor. It is very important in such matches.”
– What does this international confrontation give you?
“The Alpe Adria Cup gives us the opportunity to confront teams from other countries. We can feel the quality of basketball, which in turn will help us in the domestic league. The Final Four will have 4 quality teams, for me Dabrowa Górnicza is a slight favourite. Everyone has a chance, so I hope we will enjoy good basketball.”
– In the semi-finals you will face Spišskí Rytieri. What kind of opponent is it, how does he present himself and what do you think about his results and performances so far?
“A very high quality team. They are first in the Slovak league. Together with Levice they are among the main favourites to win the championship title. We know them very well, there have 7-8 very good players. They have a wide squad, good coach. We know very well the good and the bad things, but it’s also the other way around, so there are no big secrets. We will be ready.”
– What will it be about from your point of view to be able to advance to the finals?
“Scouting, game plan, adaptation, current form will be important. I don’t think it makes any difference if someone plays home or away, good teams can adapt to any situation. It’s going to be a good game and we’re looking forward to it.”